Re: [LAU] linux-rt in Ubuntu Jaunty

From: Giso Grimm <gg3137@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 02 2009 - 10:00:12 EEST

Josh Lawrence wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I remember some time back there were complaints on this list about the
> linux-rt kernel in Ubuntu Jaunty not being up-to-par for audio work.
> What were some of those complaints, and has the issue been resolved?

It does not work for me: 2.6.28-8-rt on a hyper threading PC causes high
load (IOwait) on one (virtual) CPU, and the overall CPU performance is
about 30% of the standard kernel. Real time behaviour is not at all
better than the standard kernel (more xruns even with low CPU load).

Maybe this is specific to my PC (what I doubt, it is the same for two
different PCs which work fine otherwise).

-- Giso