Re: [LAU] So what's the deal with controlling the aeolus organ stops via midi

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 02 2009 - 13:37:20 EEST

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 10:06:08AM +0100, Andrew C wrote:

> I've read and read and re-read the README of the latest release of aeolus
> that includes midi control of the stops and I still don't understand how to
> specifically program the 'bytes' on midi CC 98 or so..
>
> Is this like sending raw midi sysex data or what?

No, it's just using controller 98. The data in a control message
is a single byte, that value is exlained in the readme.

You typically need two controller messages: one that
selects a groupt of stops (corresponding to the layout
in the GUI) and the mode: on, off, toggle, and the
second message selects a stop in the group. You don't
need to repeat the first if it's identical to the
previous one.

--
FA
Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.