Re: [LAU] AVLinux question

From: Jonathan E. Brickman <jeb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 03 2009 - 02:49:07 EEST
RAID-5 is good for first-echelon file servers and Exchange servers.  RAID-10 is much better, certainly, but RAID-5 is much better than RAID-1 for those purposes.

Of course, for audio I want it all in RAM cache :-)

J.E.B.

I don't want to start a flame-war but all raids starting with f are considered
bad: http://www.baarf.com/

You beat me to this, Arnold.  The only thing I'd use RAID 5 for is an
array of disks where performance really doesn't matter to me, like a
disk-based backup server.  I'd never use RAID 5 on a system where
performance mattered at all to me, like my studio machine!