Re: [LAU] RAID and AVLinux

From: Florian Faber <faber@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 03 2009 - 23:16:57 EEST

Joern,

> my approach for music is this: all live recording goes to a mirrored
> pair of disks. the data is then copied to a striped pair for editing,
> with frequent backups.

Similar here: Recording on redundant machines with RAID1 each. Mixing is
done with the data on a SSD - seeking etc is a bliss thanks to the
extreme performance on nonsequential accesses.

Flo

--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key DA43FEF4          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net