Re: [LAU] www.linuxsampler.org down?

From: Bengt Gördén <bengan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 06 2009 - 14:26:57 EEST

On tisdag 06 oktober 2009 09:27:57 david wrote:
> Bengt Gördén wrote:
> > On mĺndag 05 oktober 2009 15:18:50 Julien Claassen wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >> Seems more like gone here. Because I just get forwarded to org.com.
> >> Strange...
> >
> > Seems like a network problem. I've got an old reference saying it is on
> > 141.7.66.13. A traceroute there is droped by a router. Probably "network
> > not in table". The ip-number is a /16 block announced by BELWUE
> > Landeshochschulnetz Baden-Wuerttemberg (BelWue) Academic Network of the
> > Federal State of Baden-Wuerttemberg (AS553). So. It's probably just a
> > network problem that is going to get fixed soon.
>
> Trying it now hangs at the "Looking up" domain message until FF
> announces that it can't find the server. Sounds like a DNS problem.

Well. It is. But that problem is initiated from "no network" (141.7.0.0/16 is
not reachable). The DNS for linuxsampler.org is located at their own network
which will be "connection timed out; no servers could be reached".

Try this:
whois -h whois.publicinterestregistry.org linuxsampler.org

They have no DNS outside their own network.

/bengan