[LAU] Live CDs

From: Leslie P. Polzer <sky@email-addr-hidden-project.de>
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 11:33:23 EEST

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a good Live CD/DVD for music production.

Some of the things I'd like to see:

  * preferably based on Ubuntu

  * decent hardware detection

  * recent versions of ZynAddSubFx, Guitarix, Bristol,
    QJackCtl, Rosegarden, Seq24, Hydrogen, QAMix, QSynth
    (but see the next point)

  * ability to add custom packages after booting;
    a build environment that lets me compile stuff
    residing on an USB stick would probably be
    the best solution

There seem to be quite a few well-maintained Live distributions
geared towards audio production out there, but I don't really
want to download and test each one, so I'd like to hear about
your experiences with them.

Thanks! :)

  Leslie

--