Re: [LAU] Several USB cards position in /proc/asound/cards

From: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 14:45:48 EEST

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> options snd-intel8x0 index=0
> options snd-rme96 index=1
> options snd-usb-audio index=2
>
> Now I bought an USB webcam, which also has a mic input. It appears in
> the system as another USB soundcard. The problem is that during boot
> as hotplug runs before anything else the first soundcard gets index 2
> as specified by alsa-base.conf but the second soundcard overrides
> index 0.

When a driver handles more than one device, you have to specify multiple
values for the index option, like this:

  options snd-usb-audio index=2,3

> How do I specify order of *several* USB soundcards in alsa-base.conf?

Look at the output of "lsusb" and "lsusb -n" for the vendor/product IDs
of the devices, then specify these IDs in the vid and/or pid options, in
hexadecimal. For exampe, if your first USB device has IDs 0123:4567 and
the second 89ab:cdef, use the line

  options snd-usb-audio index=2,3 pid=0x4567,0xcdef

HTH
Clemens