Re: [LAU] [Zynaddsubfx-user] yoshimi bug fixes

From: Frank Kober <goemusic@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 14:57:26 EEST

> Interesting question. I've changed it, but sooner or later
> someone (maybe me) will decide they want
> two or more simultaneous instances :-).  See 0.018.

Thank you for this. I had a look at AlsaModularSynth which also likes to run in multiple instances, and I think it does it the best way (there was a discussion recently). The ports are named "ams_n MIDI" where n is the instance number. That way everyone should be happy since the first instance will always come up with the same name and the following ones are systematic, which is not the case for the ALSA client number....just a thought...

Sorry, I cannot comment on the oscillator size in zyn, I thought it was the resolution of the internal calculation so reducing it would also reduce cpu, but I'm not sure

Cheers
Frank