Re: [LAU] lmms static through jackd

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 01:34:36 EEST

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Jonathan E. Brickman
<jeb@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I do understand how quality Jack interfacing could be a surpassingly
> difficult challenge for a developer, most especially a group of
> developers, of an insular yet modular project like lmms.

The design required by JACK is no different in any conceptual sense
from the one required by ASIO on Windows or CoreAudio on OS X. Its
also remarkably similar to what you'd get if you wrote lmms as a VST
or AudioUnit plugin (like Kontakt, Reaktor or other large scale
app/plugins). It is my own suspicion that ALSA's presentation a
totally different style of audio API has a lot to do with the issues
that the LMMS developers have in "comprehending" JACK.