Re: [LAU] Better SF2 player wanted

From: Jonathan E. Brickman <jeb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 15 2009 - 15:17:04 EEST
David Adler wrote:
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 12:55 AM, Jonathan E. Brickman
<jeb@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

fluidsynth (with or without qsynth) will obviously play SF2 files very well
-- but it eats up the entire MIDI bank, it refuses to operate on less than
16 MIDI channels.  My keyboard controller will transmit on only 16
channels.  I am not going to give up my entire keyboard controller range to
fluidsynth.

fluidsynth-dssi and ghostess.

An example:
$ ghostess -2 -chan 4 fluidsynth-dssi.so
This will open two instances of fluidsynth-dssi on channels four
and five (ghostess numbers channels from 0 to 15).

Ah.  That sounds rather good.  Thanks.

I just don't like adding complications to my data-chains, when they aren't absolutely needed.  ghostess sounds like a good item to keep fluidsynth under control :-)

J.E.B.