[LAU] own music made with linux

From: Susanne Schneider <susemuse27@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 15 2009 - 23:29:42 EEST

guys,

first of all: sorry for bad english :-)

after some time of doing cover stuff with my little project of
hobbymusic we are now able to present some own compositions on

www.besonic.com/schmidt_und_schneider

In a first step three songs made it to that place, some more will follow
step by step.

We are two people, the compositions and vocal stuff are provided by my
friend Harald, while I play the Guitars (except a few rhythm tracks) and
do the technical/software stuff.

Recording and mixing was done in Ardour on my Lenovo R61, Lexicon Omega
Studio USB or alternatively Focusrite Saffire Pro 10, OS is openSuse
11.1 with selfcompiled rt-kernel.

In the song "mit Dir" I used Hydrogen for drums, Horgand for organ and
bass sounds, Qsynth for some strings sounds.

In the other two songs we saved time and reverted to a Boss JamStation
using some ready-to-use backgroundsounds from there.

Regarding Guitarsounds for recording I tried a lot - like most
guitarists I think. There is some promising stuff out there in the open
source world which I check out frequently, but currently I must say I
lost my heart to the fabulous simulanalog guitar suite, which is running
in Ardour as plugin without any problems: that Marshall sound is amazing
- in direct comparison e.g. the POD2 has no chance.

Now, last not least I would like to do a little advertising amongst the
German members here: because it is relatively expensive to transfer
money to USA we started an initiative on

www.audio4linux.de

to put some money together in order to support the ARDOUR project, our
goal for now is min. 500 Euro, which is then transferred in one action.
We already did that successfully earlier in the year, and yesterday,
when downloading Ardour's new version I thought it might be a good idea
to continue, I will put 50 bucks into the hat...

thanks for your attention

best,

Susanne