Re: [LAU] Controllers and stuff for live performance

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 16 2009 - 20:22:46 EEST

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 03:33:42PM +0200, Carlos Sanchiavedraz wrote:
> This one, ken?
> http://www.vintagesynth.com/yamaha/gx1.php
>
> In wikipedia says it was $60000, no more no less.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_GX1

That's the thing, as I recall.

Yeah, there was some serious money going on.

> You always have nice stories, thanks for sharing Ken.

I've been reluctant to share this one, because it's so sketchy and was so long ago. I was hoping to track the guy down via Facebook or something and get confirmation that it was indeed a GX-1, but haven't had any luck so far. That kid left the public school system the year after for some private school, and never heard from him again.

-ken