Re: [LAU] [Zynaddsubfx-user] yoshimi bug fixes -> 0.029

From: cal <cal@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 19 2009 - 08:53:44 EEST

Folderol wrote:
> [ ... ]
> Only just had time to try this out, and not only is the red line back
> but the crackles have gone again.
>
> Thanks for all this work.

Phew! Hopefully that is the end of crackling affairs (apart from Christmas
roast). I find it amusing that the theory that started me poking around in
the Zyn code in the first place has finally been so thoroughly debunked.

Even more amusing is that somewhere way back there I was doing A/B testing
with/without the mandatory lock, and forgot to reinstate the intended
behaviour, ie three tries for a lock and act like nothing's wrong if we
didn't get it. I suspect that if it wasn't for that fortunate little
accident, we would probably _all_ have abandoned the whole yoshimi exercise
as fruitless :-).

cheers!