Re: [LAU] Jack frequently crashes when running LinuxSampler + Qsynth

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 19 2009 - 21:57:18 EEST

On Monday 19 October 2009 19:23:53 Guru Prasad B. R. wrote:
> Thanks, Arnold, for the heads-up on this particular kernel. I found it
> to hang on two occasions (and I haven't had it for that long either).

I found it to hang on several occasions during normal office-work, during logoff
and shutdown and during realtime-enabled audio work. And the fact that I know
that Sysrq+R, Sysrq+S and Sysrq+B or Sysrq+O where the only way to have a
halfway clean reboot pissed me off. But not its working again...

> I'm not too familiar with PPAs... (am reading up right now). I assume
> you meant that I should follow the instructions on this page:
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-dev/+archive/ppa
> and then choose the right realtime kernel package from synaptic, or
> command line. Am I correct?

Yes, thats what I use now for the kernel. I think the other packages where
also used for updates but I haven't really cared about that. The kernel works.
And even the nvidia binary driver compiles against that kernel (which it
didn't against 2.6.28-3-rt).

Have fun,

Arnold