Re: [LAU] [OT] of experts and ex-spurts

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 20 2009 - 17:48:30 EEST

On Tuesday 20 October 2009 14:54:09 Ray Rashif wrote:
> I guess it's the age of technology at work, not really anyone to blame. My
> 5-year-old sibling could differenciate between Firefox and IE when he was
> 3.

I am afraid my boy (aged 1.5 years and already able to plug the charger to the
mobile phone) will not be able to tell ie and firefox apart at age of 3.
Because he won't see an ie until he goes to school or visits his grand-
grandparents (yes, my grandpa started with computers some two years ago)...

Most people I hear complaining about how linux isn't right for them are
a) to lazy to learn. Despite all "learning all your life" they stopped
learning at a certain age and refuse to learn anything new if it isn't about
their most favourite hobby.
b) fixed on a tool instead of the working-process. They know how to lighten up
the picture in Photoshop by which buttons/menus to use, they don't know which
way really achieves what they have in mind. Not only are they poor craftsmen,
they are now craftsmen at all, they are just tool-fixed mindless workers.

I stopped trying to convert as many people to linux as I can when I realized
these facts. The one that are ready for linux just see the more productive way
of working and use it, the ones that aren't, will never be unless they change
seriously.

Boy, only two paragraphs and the funny start became a rant...

Have fun,

Arnold