Re: [LAU] LinuxSampler woes

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabriel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 21 2009 - 02:27:54 EEST

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:

> strong effort at JSampler, then try to compile LS+QS from source. I am
> strongly thinking that the problem has something to do with the fact
> that AVLinux is based on Debian Testing, whereas the LS debs are from
> Lenny (Stable), which is in some ways quite legacy.

Sounds reasonable that this is the problem. Compiling from source sounds
like a good option. If AVLinux is debian based, you should be able to:

    # apt-get install build-essentials libgig-dev

To get what you need... then:

    $ tar xjf linuxsampler-1.0.0.tar.bz2
    $ cd linuxsampler-1.0.0
    $ fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage

When done, you will have a .deb file to install.

HTH,
Gabriel