Re: [LAU] RME HDSP 9632 - amixer control

From: Giso Grimm <gg3137@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 21 2009 - 22:32:59 EEST

Hi,

it is possible to control the hdsp mixer via amixer. Here is what I use
to route software out 1+2 to ADAT1 1+2 and SPDIF (on an HDSP 9652), it
is part of /etc/rc.local:

/usr/bin/amixer -q -D hw:DSP cset numid=5 26,24,32768
/usr/bin/amixer -q -D hw:DSP cset numid=5 27,25,32768
/usr/bin/amixer -q -D hw:DSP cset numid=5 26,0,32768
/usr/bin/amixer -q -D hw:DSP cset numid=5 27,1,32768

The syntax is "source channel,target channel,gain", where source channel
is 0-25 = hardware in, 26-51 = software-out, and hardware channel 0-25
is hardware out (all on hdsp9652, but it is nearly the same on hdsp9632
and multiface). The gain is 32768 for maximum. I forgot, but sometimes
this means 0 dB and sometimes it means +6 dB.

Once I was thinking of implementing a command line application of
hdspmixer with OSC interface, however I gave up because I don't need it
any more (and most of it is supported by amixer). And if I remember well
Florian Faber mentioned that he was implementing something similar.

-- Giso