Re: [LAU] patch librarian for roland xp-30

From: Peter Geirnaert <peter.geirnaert@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 22 2009 - 14:27:24 EEST

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Atte Andre Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> Hi
>
> I've been using jsynthlib in that past to backup the patches on my
> jv-80. However after a long break I installedjsynthlib again, because
> now I wanna backup the patches of my new (old) xp-30 that should replace
> the jv-80. But jsynthlib doesn't seem to work with the xp-30, for one
> thing, jsynthlib (with the jv-80 driver) doesn't know about all the
> extra sounds available in the xp-30.
>
> Since I really don't need an editor, just a place to put patches, I'm
> hoping someone here could recommend a good way to go about this?

Hi Atte,

Why not write a driver for JSynthLib? You can write drivers for library
support only.
I've just checked the XP-30 manual,
http://www.johannes-emmerling.de/xp-30/downloads/Roland_XP-30_Manual.pdf
and it contains whole lists of names (at page +/-180).
If you copy them in a text editor and use the "replace" function, you can
make a string array to put in your JSynthLib driver's constants file. Maybe
you can start your driver from the jv-80 driver.
For more info ... see the wikis I started about
JSynthLib http://jsynthlib.wikispaces.com
and Roland SPD-11 http://spd-11.wikispaces.com

Rib Rdb also wrote a feature for JSynthLib to write drivers by describing
the sysex in an .xml file.
But that's still in an experimental stage and very undocumented.

Regards,
Peter

PS: I can't really help you with the librarian part as my drivers for SPD-11
can't send sysex back and I don't have any clue why.
Maybe it will work when I install the next AVLinux that I just downloaded
(my current install is messed up by too much experimenting). Maybe it's
because I got something wrong in my driver.