Re: [LAU] patch librarian for roland xp-30

From: Peter Geirnaert <peter.geirnaert@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 23 2009 - 10:48:26 EEST

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Atte Andre Jensen
<atte.jensen@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> Atte Andre Jensen wrote:
>
> Might pursue it a final time tomorrow, just for the stress of it :-)
>>

> Ok, got jsynthlib going with my jv80, most likely confusion on my part
> regarding my 3 midi outs (that very elegantly have exactly the same name in
> jsynthlib).

That's nice, that it's not a JSL-bug :)

Have you tried a manual dump from the XP-30 using the generic driver?
If it doesn't work, I'll help you writing the library support, as usually
that's the easiest part.

1. http://jsynthlib.wikispaces.com/synthDevice
2. http://jsynthlib.wikispaces.com/Step-by-step2
3. http://jsynthlib.wikispaces.com/synthPatchDriver

Of course we'll need some sysex info about the XP-30 but that's all
described pretty well in the manual I downloaded.
Just a matter of a little searching and collaboration. While we/I write a
driver for the XP-30, it would be a good occasion to extend the wiki with
more examples/details, to make a better tool to use when writing a driver.

And there's also the XML Driver where you can describe your synth's SysEx in
an .xml file to have library and editor support.
The XML Driver was written by Rib Rdb but there's no documentation written
for it yet, only this:
http://jsynthlib.wikispaces.com/XMLguide