[LAU] How to package applications for the outside world

From: peter clarke <peterslistening@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 27 2009 - 08:36:30 EET

I have built a little audio-related application - it's a vocabulary
trainer for people learning a foreign language. I am thinking about
making it publicly available, maybe through sourceforge or similar...
but I don't know how to go about packaging it into an rpm or Debian
package for the end user. It's a python script with various data
files and dependencies such as ecasound.

Any tips on learning how to build packages? Thanks for any advice you can give.

Peter Clarke