Re: [LAU] Need ALSA things to try

From: Garry Ogle <garry.ogle@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 27 2009 - 19:28:35 EET

Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> OK. Somehow, I don't know how, this Debian will do Jack sound through
> ALSA very nicely indeed, but will not do anything else no matter whether
> Jack is turned on or off. Jack is sending audio to hw:HD2, and here is
> my current /etc/asound.conf, which used to work great, although non-Jack
> apps could not coexist with Jack:
>
> pcm.!default {
> type hw
> card HD2
> }
> ctl.!default {
> type hw
> card HD2
> }
>
> Any suggestions on what to try next? I have already deleted my
> asound.state, without change in results.
>
> J.E.B

Have you tried reverting to a vanilla version?

pcm.card0 {
     type hw
     card 0
}
ctl.card0 {
     type hw
     card 0
}

You can put this in .asoundrc : it will override /etc/asound.conf
You will need to do a restart to effect the changes.

sudo /etc/init.d/alsa-utils restart
( or su -c "/etc/init.d/alsa-utils restart" )

best wishes, G.