Re: [LAU] Voice pop-remover Plugin for Linux

From: Daniel Joshua Worth <pipemanmusic@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 27 2009 - 22:57:05 EET

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Viktor Mastoridis
<viktor@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> I am really sorry if I asked something that I shouldn't have. I thought
> this list is for asking questions, getting help and not being laughed at, as
> 'there is no stupid question' in Linux, as somebody said the other day. But
> mocking someone just because one asked the 'wrong' question doesn't seem to
> me to be in the positive and helping spirit of Linux.

No one meant to offend or make fun. There is a sense of humor in linux as
well. It is a common question in Linux audio "Is there a plugin that fixes
this" and the answer is always the same. If you are working on fixing
problems that are beyond your control ie. prerecorded material that can
never be recorded again then your best bet is some creativity with a eq
filter. The point they where trying to make is that, as in most audio
problems, fixing it before it hits the recording is always best. All
corrective actions have a negative impact on the final result.

Daniel Worth