Re: [LAU] Prog rock instrumental, sort-of WIP

From: Q <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 28 2009 - 02:42:49 EET

Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hey Q!
> this is great. You got the sound absolutely right. Especially towards
> the end of the existing parts. This sounds really like the FloKis
> (Flower Kings). Nice use of Aeolus, I always planned to see how it would
> work in such an arrangement.
> Nice composition, I'm listening to it again just now. There are some
> interesting harmonies and progressions. And those sounds. No I wouldn't
> say anything against such sounds, Wine and all. These are really sweet
> mellotron samples.
> Only the snare drum sounds out of place there. To canned, to static in
> its sound quality. The rest of the drums sound good though. I didn't
> know, that there were such good kits for hydrogen, or you just mixed it
> very handsomely.
> Kindest regards
> Julien
>
> --------
> Music was my first love and it will be my last (John Miles)
>
> ======== FIND MY WEB-PROJECT AT: ========
> http://ltsb.sourceforge.net
> the Linux TextBased Studio guide
> ======= AND MY PERSONAL PAGES AT: =======
> http://www.juliencoder.de

Hi Julien

Thanks for listening and commenting. I really should have been in bed
ages ago (but I've just had an idea or two for where to take it next,
yay). I daresay you're an hour in front of me as well!

You raise many interesting points and I can't really do justice to them
now, so I'll respond properly tomorrow.

Best wishes