Re: [LAU] Voice pop-remover Plugin for Linux

From: Scott <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 28 2009 - 18:10:33 EET

Viktor Mastoridis wrote:
> Well, yesterday I was doing some mixing for a singer, and the little
> pops that seemed harmless, when added compressor and reverb seemed
> like explosions. She was not here, I couldn't re-record it and it
> needed to be ready by 10pm last night. I have already spent more than
> an hour to try and play the pops with limiters/compressors, but they
> made it worst. I spend a lot of time searching for any possible
> plugins - I discovered that I could buy Cool Edit Pro for 2000$ and
> then buy the Pop-Remover plugin for it for further 1700$.... This is
> when I thought about this list.

Cool Edit Pro is an awesome piece of software. I used to use it years
ago when it first came out. I even kept a Win98 machine handy just to
run it until recently. However, I don't think their click/pop remover
is any better than what you'll be able to achieve with Audacity, a keen
ear, a quick finger on the pause button, and some clever editing. Good
luck!

-Scott