Re: [LAU] qjackctl gets confused when used through ssh -X

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 29 2009 - 17:31:24 EET

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 16:08:01 +0100, fons@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 03:03:52PM +0000, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
>> there can only one qjackctl instance running against one X11 server.
>
> Then it's utterly broken.
> And I'm pretty sure I had more than one on the same screen
> probably with an earlier version.

first ask why you want more than one qjackctl instance running?

if what you want is controlling more than one jackd server, then setting
JACK_DEFAULT_SERVER with distinct environment values is the answer. i can't
really see how you can do it otherwise, no matter which qjackctl version.

btw, the X11 uniqueness code applies to qjackctl >= 0.3.3, but the
JACK_DEFAULT_SERVER descriminator only affects qjackctl >= 0.3.4

byee

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden