Re: [LAU] qjackctl gets confused when used through ssh -X

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 30 2009 - 00:02:30 EET

On Thursday 29 October 2009 17:04:09 Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden> writes:
> > Turns out that despite all config-file hackery this needs a custom
> > patched dbus server to work. The patch is less then 10 lines but the
> > mainline refuses to include it afaik. Which makes the whole anonymous
> > authorization in dbus useless.
> I've heard that the anonymous stuff is in git and will be released in
> 1.4. OTOH if I was using such thing, I'd want ssh tunelling. I havent
> tried ssh tunelled dbus, but it looks someone else did:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Remote_DBus

My use-case is a trusted network of machines running self-configuring jobs
(using avahi/zeroconf for the self-configuring). With head- and disk-less
machines. No ssh needed nor wanted. Just plain anonymous dbus...

But that is a thing of the past. I have now my own text-based network-protocol
that is usable for machine-to-machine- and human-to-machine-communication.

Have fun,

Arnold