Re: [LAU] qjackctl gets confused when used through ssh -X

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 31 2009 - 02:02:43 EET

fons@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 09:33:03PM +0000, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
>> fwiw, qjackctl 0.3.5.6, todays svn head:
>
> Will test tomorrow (time here is 23.56, so still today :-)
>
>> - Server name command line option added (-n, --server-name).
>>
>> - Single application instance restriction option added (X11).
>
> Could you be a bit more clear about the latter ? This reminds
> me of one of my friends (a doctor in medicine, and would-be
> programmer) providing an option in one of his works:
>
> Not use printer ? Yes/No/Default

aha, do i diagnose a ms-dos abort/retry/failure syndrome?

now, "Single application instance" means that you now have an option to
turn off that dreaded x11 uniqueness restriction you pissed about.

bad news is, you'll have to turn if off, yes, just because its on by
default :)

good news are, your choice will prevail. until you decide otherwise, of
course. unlikely but feasible, ntl

may i quit medication now? :))

cheers

--