Re: [LAU] qjackctl gets confused when used through ssh -X

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 01 2009 - 01:16:52 EET

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 11:04:12PM +0000, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

> my bad. that particular qjackctl -X command line option was in fact
> suggested by me but, well, just didn't make through implementation ;).

The option in the setup dialog creates a chicken/egg situation.
If the 'single instance' restriction is active you don't even
get a chance to change it. Unless you are so extremely clever
to realise that in order to enable a qjackctl instance on a
remote machine you first have to modify the configuration of
the local one. It makes sense, yes, lots of.

Just like some other things in qjackctl's setup.
If I want to change where qjackctl's main window will
appear on the desktop, I have to

- Move it to the required place.
- Open the setup dialog.
- Make some unwanted change.
- Undo that unwanted change.
- Click 'Save', which without the two previous actions
  remains disabled. Why is it disabled ?

And still I've not seen any rationale for ever enforcing
a single qjackctl on any X server.

Ciao,

--
FA
Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.