Re: [LAU] Prog rock instrumental, sort-of WIP

From: Brent Busby <brent@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 01 2009 - 17:17:34 EET

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009, Ken Restivo wrote:

> Very cool rhythm. Most of the Bulgarian stuff I've heard is in what I
> thought was 7/4; perhaps it was in this 15/16.
>
> I did one some years ago in 5+5+2 (with a turnaround in 5/4 + 5/4 +
> 9/8 every few measures):
> http://www.restivo.org/blog/podpress_trac/web/96/0/552-0.2.3.ogg
>
> Fun with Hydrogena and Ardour. Could you imagine trying to describe to
> a real drummer: "Now, this song is in....."?

Hey, lots of real drummers pride themselves in being able to handle
oddtime and mixed meters! On the other hand, American dancers...<thud>

+ UNIX Systems Admin	 +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ Physical Sciences Div. +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ James Franck Institute +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky