Re: [LAU] RME Multiface II question

From: Giso Grimm <gg3137@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 03 2009 - 21:12:04 EET

fons@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 10:46:01AM -0500, Brett McCoy wrote:
>
>> One word of warning, you need to open hdspmixer to intialize the
>> device. Not a big deal for me, since I keep hdspmixer open all of the
>> time anyway, but something you need to be aware of if you try to use
>> the device and can't get anything to work.
>
> Wouldn't an 'alsactl restore' do the job as well ?
>
> (provided you stored the state of course)

Not with the hdsp mixer (I mean the matrix mixer in the hdsp based RME
sound cards, not the software); it's state is not saved by ALSA, and I
even doubt that it can be read at all.

To unmute the card at boot time it is possible to use amixer, though.
See also the LAU thread "RME HDSP 9632 - amixer control" for more details.

Giso