Re: [LAU] LAM please!

From: Dan S <danstowell+lxau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 05 2009 - 22:23:00 EET

2009/11/1 Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>:
> On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 10:33:46 +0100
> Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 22:34 +0000, Folderol wrote:
>>
>> > Open an account and set up a page on Internet Archive. It's free!
>> >
>> > You can add songs and edit them. You can then link the entire page or
>> > make direct links to individual tracks as you wish.
>>
>> Last time I tried, direct links changed from time to time, so they are
>> not reliable.
>
> Thanks for the warning! I wasn't aware of that :(

You just need to make sure you're using the 'main' link to an item and
not the uglier link which names a specific server (because the data is
held on server farms, similar to mirroring services). I've been using
archive.org for many years without changing any of the links! Our
podcast - http://www.flatfourradio.co.uk/ stores its podcast files on
archive.org (and the live stream is served from icecast on our home
server)

Best
Dan