Re: [LAU] yoshimi bug - fixed by me !

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 10 2009 - 13:51:29 EET

Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 November 2009 11:52:46 david wrote:
>> install CD. And nobody seems to make netboot installs anymore except
>> Debian's stock distro.
>
> Last time I checked (half a year ago) ubuntu also had netboot-files for
> install.

That might work if I can find them on their site.

> Or you use the minimal CD version which is just around 100MB or so.

Hmm, they only appear to be offering a CD image, that might work. But
it's Ubuntu 9.10. I did try Ubuntu 9.04 on the music box: wouldn't run.
Maybe 9.10 fixed that.

My understanding is that Ubuntu doesn't have a working RT kernel. And it
appears to me that they're not even trying to have a working RT kernel,
they think they don't need it.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden