Re: [LAU] Re : zyn/yoshimi on EEE netbook

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 11 2009 - 23:57:05 EET

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:28:39 -0600
Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 2:01 PM, cal <cal@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Ok. I think I'm starting to get the picture. At 0.34 I tried using the threaded
> > fftw3 routines. From my observations, that hasn't really contributed anything
> > worthwhile performance wise, and it's starting to look like that move has brought
> > instability for some. Give me a moment or three and I'll drop it.
>
> awesome, cal - I'm ready to try it whenever you get ready, just say the word!

Just had a look at this on my eeePC901 (I'd never bothered before) and
I have a suspicion there is a problem with the jack-rtkernel linkup in
ubuntu - also running 9.10 and just installed the RT stuff.

If I run either standard zyn. or yoshimi through jack without RT
enabled it all works although a bit jumpy on most patches. As soon as
I enable RT I get the same zombies from both zyn and yoshi

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk