Re: [LAU] Posting style (was: Re: Autotuner for Linux?)

From: Gwenhwyfaer <gwenhwyfaer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 12 2009 - 21:22:01 EET

On 12/11/2009, Jorge Salgueiro <jorge.salgueiro@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Top post is a question of accesibility to the blind. They shouldn't have to
> listen to 30 posts every time they want to contribute.

I completely agree, which is why bottom-posting without editing quotes
down to the bare minimum is even worse than top-posting. But
top-posting *only* works well for blind people; it's the worst
possible format for everyone else. And let's face it - text readers
have had four decades to work out what to do with quotes; if they
haven't figured it out by now, the people you ought to be nagging are
their authors.