Re: [LAU] ubuntu 9.10 RT and Jack

From: Geoffrey <gsking1@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 17 2009 - 15:41:50 EET

Gary Morgan <gmorgan777@...> writes:

> a. i had heard here and there in forums that the RT kernel in 9.04 and on was
'broken'. is that true?b.

I had problems using the Ubuntu 9.04 rt kernel package, but when I compiled the
2.6.29.6-rt?? kernel from source it worked pretty well, even with the nvidia
drivers. I remember doing lots of other tweaks and recompiling a few programs
also, but cannot remember them now. You could try rtirq? Remove pulse.
Also, FYI I'm using M2496 card also. In the end I removed enough things to make
it not the best for general usage, but pretty good for audio. I have not
switched to 9.10 yet.
Geoff