Re: [LAU] Jamming over WiFi?

From: Michal Seta <mis@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 19 2009 - 18:45:46 EET

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:18 AM, nescivi <nescivi@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> >From my experience with university's WiFi (and cabled network) infrastructures
> they tend to be very, very restrictive in what they let through and what not,
> or have insane ways to get onto them that are tricky to get working with
> Linux.

Yes, that is also my experience. I am in touch with IT dept.

> It may well be that in your tests ports were just blocked or bandwidth
> limited.

Bandwidth is limited in the area where i do testing, the APs are not
yet upgraded to 1 Gb (IIRC but 100mb should have been enough for 2
channels, anyways) but my additional issue is WiFi signal strength. I
loose a lot of signal when it drops below 70%. And as I said before,
I do not mind dropped packets as long ans there is more sound than
silence. Perhaps I am looking for something that is impossible to
achieve but that's research, right? :)

I will be trying out netjack and ninjam and whatnot today and tomorrow
so hopefully I will have some clearer reports.

Thank you all for you input. I'll be back ;)

--
./MiS
514-344-0726