Re: [LAU] USB Audio interfaces for linux?

From: Giso Grimm <gg3137@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 21 2009 - 00:17:56 EET

Robin Gareus wrote:
> Andrew C wrote:
>> <...>
>> I'm considering buying a USB Audio interface from thomann.de, can anyone
>> reccommend one that's under 100 or 200 euro that works under linux?
>> http://www.thomann.de/ie/cat.html?gf=usb_audio_interfaces&oa=pra
>
> <...>
>
> I own a Edirol UA-25 and am very happy with it, alas it does not seem to
> be available from thomann.de.

It is now called 'cakewalk'

http://www.thomann.de/ie/cakewalk_ua_25_ex_cw.htm

My experience with that device is very good (although I only used the
former Edirol version). A good feature is that it is completely USB
powered (without significant distortion).

It works with no problems, and I did not even notice any problems with
24bit mode and full duplex (at least the driver or jack are not
complaining). My colleague reported problems with the "Advanced mode" on
Windows.

Giso