Re: [LAU] FOSS Ethernet Soundcard

From: Peter Plessas <plessas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 24 2009 - 15:04:25 EET

Some notes (this goes to LAU only please mirror to LAD if necessary):

Have a look into AVB it seems to become the de-facto standard if that is
possible (don't know about hardware/ethernet interface requirements)

Tim Blechmann has written an alsa driver for the digigram lx6464es card,
which is used in some ethersound products (Tim?)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EtherSound

Rimas Avizienis at CNMAT and Meyersound built hardware alongside a UDP
protocol to stream many channels of audio to custom built hardware, as
for example used in a 120 channel loudspeaker array:
http://cnmat.berkeley.edu/publication/compact_120_independent_element_spherical_loudspeaker_array_progr

regards, Peter