Re: [LAU] ubuntu 9.10 RT and Jack

From: <vogel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 25 2009 - 23:24:31 EET

I could run Ubuntu 9.04 with my quad-core AMD64 machine, but a couple of
weeks ago I noticed the 9.10 upgrade was available, blithely clicked on it,
it downloaded all night and, when it was ready to reboot to the new
release....it died. I fooled with it in a dumb terminal mode and was able to
do some simple things. Finally, using a 9.04 live disk I backed up my drive.

I was never able to configure audio to my satisfaction even in 9.04. Some
applications worked. A lot did not.

Anyway I went to Planet CCRMA which works only with Fedora (I went with 10),
and then loaded the Planet CCRMA applications. The install was smooth. No
apparent problems.
It is a good improvement for audio. (I also have a cheap, non-standard sound
card so it should get better.) There is a real-time kernel which I have yet
to install.

Check it out.

Bob