[LAU] [Ardour FLOSS Manual] Day Four: To Do

From: Derek Holzer <derek@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 26 2009 - 13:46:50 EET

Day Four is upon us! We're entering the home stretch!

Thanks to all the online folks who dropped by the FLOSS Manuals site
last night to ask questions and help out--such as Janet Swisher,
Matteo Cortes, Joern Nettingsmeier, Christopher Stamper, and in
particular Peter Lutek, Bruno Ruviaro and David Elwel, who all did a
lot of proofreading and corrections!

Thus far, the structure of the manual is posted below. Some things
will be moved from chapter to chapter as well, so it would be a good
idea to look over all the chapters before starting in on an Incomplete
section.

The manual can be read and edited at:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Ardour/WebHome

Thanks again for your interest and time!

Best from Rotterdam,
Derek

ps...pls reply direct or CC me, I'm not monitoring all mailing lists
this week!

***

ARDOUR FLOSS MANUAL TABLE OF CONTENTS

INTRODUCTION
Introduction (To be proofed)
AboutThisManual (Incomplete)
WhatIsDigitalAudio (To be proofed)

INSTALLATION
ArdourOSX (To be proofed)
InstallingJackOSX (To be proofed)
Ubuntu (To be proofed)
Linux (To be proofed)

GETTING STARTED
StartArdourOSX (To be proofed)
StartArdourUbuntu (To be proofed)
StartJackOSX (To be proofed)
StartJackUbuntu (To be proofed)
StartUtilityAudioMidiSetupOSX (To be proofed)
InterfaceOverview (incomplete)

STARTING SESSIONS
StartSession (To be proofed)
SetupTimeline (Incomplete)
CreateATrack (To be proofed)
ImportAudio (To be proofed)
RecordingAudio (To be proofed)
UnderstandingRouting (To be proofed)

EDITING SESSIONS
WorkingWithRegions (To be proofed)
StretchingShrinkingRegions (To be proofed)
RegionsRightClickOperations (To be proofed)
UsingRanges (To be proofed)
UsingMixerStrip (To be proofed)
UsingMixerStripII (To be proofed)
CreatingLoopedSections (To be proofed)

MIXING SESSIONS
UsingSendsAndInserts (To be proofed)
UsingPlugIns (To be proofed)
MixingTracks (Incomplete)
UsingAutomation (To be proofed)

EXPORTING SESSIONS
ExportRegion (Incomplete)
ExportRange (Incomplete)
ExportSession (Incomplete)

SAVING SESSIONS
SaveSession (Incomplete)
SaveSnapshot (Incomplete)
SaveTemplate (Incomplete)

APPENDICES
Glossary (Incomplete)
Links (Needs Layout)
Credits (Unpublished)

InstallingOnUbuntu (Hold)

***

KEY TO ABOVE:

Incomplete = little or no content, significant writing necessary

To be proofed = substantial amount of content, should be reviewed and
corrected or added to as needed

Needs Layout = content considered complete, needs HTML formatting to
remove excess tags etc etc

Unpublished = default tag

Hold = will not be included, usually because the content has been
moved someplace else