Re: [LAU] USB audio interface support?

From: Allan Wind <allan_wind@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 26 2009 - 18:25:05 EET

On 2009-11-26T19:29:53, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> Ah, so talking about boasting about it, Presonus has an Audiobox USB
> unit which boasts (to quote their website) "preamps that out perform any
> USB-based interface hands down." None of the other manufacturers, as far
> as I could see, even mentioned pre-amps except to say "yes, we have
> them".

I have the Presonus TubePRE (not the AudioBox USB). Its pods are
crappy and squeak when adjusted. It is unlikely that I will
purchase another Presonus product as I was disappointed by the
quality.

While I have not done any critical a/b listening both the Alesis
io|2 and Presonus TubePRE sound good to me. Obviously only the
latter has the warming "tube" effect.

/Allan

--
Allan Wind