Re: [LAU] Mackie Control C4 Pro questions

From: Andre Majorel <aym-psd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 30 2009 - 09:48:00 EET

On 2009-11-29 12:37 +0100, Malte Steiner wrote:
> Andre Majorel wrote:
> > Hello everyone. A few questions for any Mackie control C4 owners
> > on the list.
> >
> > Can it be configured without Mackie's "C4 commander" proggie ? And
> > is the configuration stored in a non-volatile RAM inside the C4 ?
> > Or does it have to be loaded from a computer every time the C4 is
> > powered on ?
>
> not sure about that but I wrote a program to work the other way around
> it, works with the standard setting:
> http://controsc.sourceforge.net

Thanks, Malte. From the source of contrOSC, looks like the SYSEX
to write to the LCD is

  F0 00 00 66 17 dn dc chr ... F7

where
- dn is the number of the display to write to (30 = top display ~
  33 = bottom display),
- dc is the first character position to write to (supposedly 0 =
  first character of top line ~ 109 = last character of bottom
  line),
- chr is the ASCII code of a character to write to the display.

Did Mackie document this ? Or did you reverse engineer it ?