Re: [LAU] RME Multiface pcmcia problem

From: Florian Faber <faber@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 30 2009 - 21:14:18 EET

Martin,

> Thanks for your answers, but I just found out that in fact the card
> doesn't work on windows either at the moment, so it seems to be a
> hardware problem, although I am shure that it worked before...

There's at least two things that I can think of that went wrong:

a) broken driver support for the cardbus controller - I already
mentioned that

b) broken initialisation due to changes in power managment

You mentioned you have another notebook where the Cardbus interface
works. Plug the Multiface in there, wait for it to initialize, then
unplug the Cardbus card (but leave the Multiface turned on!) and plug it
in the notebook where it doesn't work.

If it still doesn't work, send me (via private mail) the output of
"dmesg | tail -n 100", "lspci" and "cat /proc/asound/cards".

Flo

--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key DA43FEF4          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net