Re: [LAU] Possible to have realistic guitar strumming sounds using my keyboard?

From: robert lazarski <robertlazarski@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 03:54:00 EET

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hi all, while my Korg keyboard does a pretty good job of imitating the
> sounds of various instruments, I can never seem to get the guitars to
> sound like they're being strummed. In my (simplistic) estimation its a
> matter of rolling the notes consecutively from low to high (down-stroke)
> and then high to low (up-stroke), perhaps needing variable pressure on
> different notes?
>
> So my basic question is, how would you produce as realistic a guitar
> strum as possible using an electronic keyboard with the requisite sound
> banks? Or should I give it up and just record my guitar directly (neck
> needs straightening...)?

Which korg do you have? My Oasys does a good job imho, see the demos
on the korg site and youtube for examples. The Oasys uses a linux OS,
so its definitely possible on linux though perhaps there is no open
source implementation yet - not sure. My GenoQs Octopus also claims to
do strumming but I haven't explored that feature yet.

- R