Re: [LAU] arch users?

From: Denis A. Altoé Falqueto <denisfalqueto@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 19:05:18 EET

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> for my birthday present to myself (shameless birthday plug), I've
> decided to install and play with arch.  anyone have any good resources
> for making arch suitable for audio work?  I've seen their wiki page on
> the subject, I'm just curious if there is more out there.

Happy birthday and nice gift :D

Arch is really neutral in how it will be used, so there's nothing
official for audio. But there's a faithful community that may help you
(I unfortunately not part of that yet...)

Some links may help you:

Pro Audio article on the wiki (maybe is the one you mention, sorry if
that's the case)
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pro_Audio

Arch Audio (independent group of users)
http://archaudio.org/

Realtime for users (very useful)
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Realtime_for_Users#PAM-enabled_Login

And there's the forums and the irc channel. The community is very
helpful if you know how to ask.

HTH

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.