Re: [LAU] arch users?

From: Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 02 2009 - 00:55:42 EET

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 10:56 -0600, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> hi list,
>
> for my birthday present to myself (shameless birthday plug), I've
> decided to install and play with arch. anyone have any good resources
> for making arch suitable for audio work? I've seen their wiki page on
> the subject, I'm just curious if there is more out there.
>
> thanks!
>
> Josh

I actually use Arch but don't use Arch Audio =). I install the necessary
packages myself, AUR is your best friend. Arch Audio and the guys behind
it are great though.

I use the BFS patchset most of the time now, helps with lowering latency
quite a bit on my system similar to -rt, but with much better stability.
Check out kernel26-ice (turn on BFS) or kernel26-rt-ice (same PKGBUILD
different defaults). Obviously the -ice patchset is important to me =)
may not be to you though.

Other than that, just use the wiki and forums, good places to find info.