Re: [LAU] Do I have Real-Time (Complete Preemption)?

From: Martin Horn <martin.horn@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 02 2009 - 13:33:46 EET

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>wrote:

> Martin Horn wrote:
>
> I made an install of ubuntustudio 8.04.3 hardy
>>

> I don't know much about ubuntustudio, but do you really think it's a good
> idea to run software that's over 1 1/2 years old?
>
> In my experience, eventually you'll need to compile somethings that needs a
> newer lib, and you're stuck...

I chose this version because it is recommended by Ubuntustudio for
production critical machines and I know that I got all libs I need (in fact
I want to run only a single app - xwax).

But as I am not able to manipulate irq priorities in the standard kernel of
ubuntustudio I will have to build a rt-kernel myself anyway, so I'll maybe
choose another more lightweight distro...

ANY IDEAS which one is up to date but lightweight as it is for a 1Ghz
Pentium and I need realtime 4in/4out setup?

Thanks to you all!