Re: [LAU] Another finished Linux/monome track: "something wrong with your feet"

From: Will Light <visinin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 03 2009 - 10:03:44 EET

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de> wrote:
> Hey Will!
>  Interesting thing. I like the breakbeats. The bassdrum sound sa little
> strange, a bit watery/bubbly, rhythmically it's a heartbeat. Nice thing to
> do. :-)

Thanks! Yeah, that was an interesting little sample to work with.
Really sets the tone for the rhythm.

>  I never worked much with sampling, but I would like to know, roughly, how
> many samples did you use. My guess would have been 5 or 6. But I guess
> again, when I get your answer, I'll be ashamedly mailing back to you and
> appologising for calling you a virtual simpleton. :-)

No worries! I took a look, though, and I used 11 out of the 23 source
samples in my composition, with several of the loops being up to 3 of
those originals layered together (in particular, the drums).

-w