Re: [LAU] arch users?

From: Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 03 2009 - 16:06:35 EET

On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 08:09 -0500, drew Roberts wrote:
> On Thursday 03 December 2009 05:04:26 Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> > > Oh, I was thinking Golden Arch Linux would be the paid-support version
> > > of Arch Linux.
> >
> > Quite difficult to have a 'paid-support' version of a distro that's not
> > owned/managed by a company =).
>
> Yup, but not too difficult to have paid support for a distro that's not
> owned/managed by a company.Right?
>
> all the best,
>
> drew
I guess. Doubt it'd be a good economic prospect in any case, considering
the user base either:-
a) doesn't need your help
b) needs your help but won't pay for it cos "OMGZZ THIS ISN'T WINDOWS
WHY SHOULD I PAY"

Disclaimer: I use Arch myself, and I know very very few users who fall
into b). Few isn't none, however =)