Re: [LAU] DIY position sensitive midi drum pad

From: andy baxter <andy@email-addr-hidden-online.co.uk>
Date: Mon Dec 07 2009 - 21:17:28 EET

Paul Davis wrote:

> i hope you're familiar with this:
>
> http://2uptech.com/intimate_control/
>
> since i think this is the future of all "touch" driven synthesis but
> if and only if you build the audio signal generator+analysis into the
> device itself, and just stream parsed data out of it.

That looks really impressive; I think I'll stick with my approach for
now though, seeing as I have made a start on it. Also I reckon my design
is probably cheaper and simpler to build than the one on that site,
which was part of the idea - to make a position sensing drum pad that
anyone could build themselves.

andy